Here’s a new…news / link roundup with some fun commentary from you friendly neighborhood blogger:
- Since it’s the last night of the Republican National Convention, I’ll link back to the speeches from Condi Rice, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, and Ann Romney. Why these speeches? Cause they’re great. Also, cause they’re easily accessible at Race42012. So check them out.
- Dan Barnes at SBC Voices wrote an interesting piece on the theological concept entitled, “Wovenism.” Wovenism is not Calvinism or Arminism, but something almost in between. It’s interesting, so worth checking out.
- Ed Morrissey of Hot Air has a great piece on fact checking the fact checkers who are, basically, lying about Paul Ryan. As usual, the media is in the tank for Obama.
- Jimmie Bise of the Sundries Shack is right – the Mittness needs to let more “D’aww” stories leak to the press. He’s an all around good person who doesn’t like tooting his own horn. Let others do it for you, Mr. Romney.
- Josiah Schmidt, Race42012’s resident libertarian, has an excellent piece with is predictions on why he thinks the GOP will get to 52 seats in the US Senate. Pretty solid predictions, tho there are some which could flip to lead to more seats.
- In an article making me feel old – Kotaku has a piece about the fact that Street Fighter turned 25 today. I played the original “Fighting Street” on the PC before playing a LOT of Super Street Fighter II on my Sega Genesis. Played a LOT of it with my brother. We’d sit in my room blasting music and playing the game. After a while, I got too good with Ryu and my brother wouldn’t let me play as him. But that’s another story.
- This piece is awful about atheists still serving in churches at the pulpit. Read it and be disgusting at these people deceiving their congregations.
- Last week, I was on Red Maryland radio talking the 2014 campaigns and Maryland referendums. You can listen to me here.
- Maryland’s unemployment rate went up in July to 7%. In that same month, the unemployment rate in Frederick County dropped to 5.9%. Why is this relevant? The head of the Frederick County Board of Commissioners Blaine Young is considering a run for Governor in 2014. If the unemployment rate continues to drop there from their policies, it’s relevant to note.
Got more news? Probably – feel free to link it in the comments. I’ll leave you with this neat piece of pro-Romney artwork: